You’ve wandered into the topsy-turvy world of Tulgey Wood, the blog of writer and historian Jim Fanning. Tulgey Wood celebrates artistry and creativity (and sometimes just plain madness): movies, animation, TV, books, comics—and of course Disney, lots and lots of true-blue, through-and-through Disney, including D23 and Disney twenty-three Magazine, and Sketches Magazine and the Walt Disney Collectors Society. Tulgey Wood is so fun, fascinating and full of frolicsome photos and facts, it’s scary. So wander through the wonder of it all, and enjoy.

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Bruce Gordon

I'm sorry to report my friend Bruce Gordon died suddenly on November 6. An Imagineer, Disney author and historian, skilled designer, popular speaker and a key member of the Walt Disney Family Museum team, Bruce was a giving friend, always happy to share his knowledge and technical expertise. I never felt more complimented or honored than when Bruce would say to me, “You’re one of the good ones.” He wrote, designed and contributed to many Disney books, including one of his best (pictured here), The Art of Disneyland. I posted about the forthcoming Imagineering book written by Jeff Kurtti and designed by Bruce here. As Bruce was a longtime Imagineer this much-anticipated volume will serve as a fitting tribute to him. Bruce, you were one of the good ones. For that and a million other reasons you will be missed.

3 comments:

Kori and Ken Pellman said...

Thanks for the post. Bruce was a hero of mine, someone who literally made one of my dreams come true. He died way too young and he will be missed.

Ladytink_534 said...

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I personally have never been to Disneyland (although I'd give anything to go!) but I've seen pictures of the place and it's beautiful. Imagineer's are some of the world's best people.

Dean Brink said...

He definitely left too soon. His work and contribution to the Disney parks is unforgettable.